COMMERCIAL ROOFING IS ESSENTIAL
Sound commercial roofing is a vital component of a successful Barrington IL business. A sound roof protects equipment and materials and enables workers to perform their proper functions. It provides the appearance outside and in- that attracts customers or clients and assures them that yours is a thriving and thoroughly professional operation.
Unfortunately, there are any numbers of problems that can arise with your commercial roofing. It could suffer storm damage, damage from a heavy snowfall, wind damage, vandalism, or simply the deterioration that comes to all manmade materials with time. When that happens, you’ll need commercial roof repair, which will bring with it the necessity to choose among commercial roofing companies. When you’re evaluating an estimate from one or another Barrington roofing contractor, it pays to be aware of the following information. It will help you make a knowledgeable choice.
COMMERCIAL ROOFING REPAIR SERVICES
Sadly, there are a number of things that can go wrong with your commercial roofing, and as you might expect, they can require a number of different commercial roof repair options. You’ll need a Barrington roofing contractor who can provide the right service for you. Ideally, you should work with one or another of the commercial roofing companies that provide the full range of services. That way, a knowledgeable professional can help you evaluate all the possibilities and decide which is the right one for your business.
Here’s a fairly comprehensive list of commercial roofing repair services:
- General roof inspection and maintenance.
- Leak detection and repair.
- Flat commercial roof repair.
- Flat roof coating.
- Metal commercial roofing repair.
- Single ply roofing.
- Spray foam roofing.
- Full roof replacement.
- Roof restoration including metal and flat roof restoration. (When feasible, roof restoration can save you money compared to roof replacement. There are no tear-off costs, no landfill or disposal costs, and no interference with your day-to-day business. Labor costs are lower as well. Given the right circumstances, roof restoration coatings can work with asphalt, PVC, TPO, ply system, built-up, foam, and metal commercial roofing.)
As suggested above, to supply a full range of services, commercial roofing companies have to be capable of working with a full range of roofing materials. Here are three of the more popular choices here in Barrington IL.
- EPGM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Black Rubber Roofing. This material has strong elastic properties that enable it to cope with building contractions and shifting. Since it’s black, it holds heat, which can be a boon in cold weather. It is somewhat vulnerable to membrane fractions, though, even though it doesn’t suffer such accidents very often.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Roofing. A PVC roof resists chemical damage. It has heat-welded seams and fiberglass reinforcement to enhance its strength. It’s lightweight, durable, easy to repair, and white, which means it reflects sunlight and heat when the weather’s hot. Some people, however, believe it’s a less environmentally friendly option than TPO roofing.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) Roofing. TPO is considered an environmentally friendly, energy-efficient option that has many of the benefits of both EPGM and PVC with few of the drawbacks. It’s UV and heat resistant and heat-weldable. It’s also easy to install. Perhaps its chief drawback is that it’s still a relatively new roofing material dating back only to the 1990’s. That means that, unlike other options, it doesn’t have decades of market research and installer and customary experience behind it.
QUALITIES OF TRUSTWORTHY COMMERCIAL ROOFING COMPANIES
Of course, when you’re looking for a Barrington roofing contractor, you’ll want to look at more than just the list of services the company can provide. Here are some other signs that a roofing company is competent, honest, and professional.
- Someone picks up whenever you call, even if it’s an after-hours emergency call.
- Workers get out to your business quickly.
- Workers are certified, licensed, courteous professionals who are uniformed and drug-tested.
- The person who conducts the inspection and ultimately writes up your estimate provides an honest, no-pressure review of your alternatives.
- The estimate is detailed, comprehensive, and itemized.
- The roofing crew has state-of-the-art equipment and knows how to use it.
- The roofers do the commercial roof repair with minimum disruption to your business.
- The roofing contractor provides expert help with documentation and insurance.